RE: Ok mis wording the problem w/ 8.0

Ok, I see your point.
But no one said that they HAD to support it.
But they don't control 97% of the software they distribute anyways.
So the major difference is that they can see the source, uuuuuuuuuh
anyone ask IBM for a VM under the IBM Shared Source license?
I would be hard pressed to believe they would say no.

>Think of car companies.  Does GM say,
> here's a car with our stuff that we know works, and here's a CD
> Player/MP3 Player/axle extension kit/body kit?

Ummmm actually they do, its called preferred VENDORS thats why you see
items approved by GM that don't void warranties.

But even with all of this your point is still valid, but here is a
economic couter point.

Hmmm Redhat makes most of its money from support, if more people call
for support the more money Redhat can make. Kind of a backwards arguement
but in general the more you DIST. does the more calls you will get.