Re: Problem with kernel ugrade & nVidia drivers

On Tue, 2002-11-19 at 23:48, Rinaldi J. Montessi wrote:
> Iain Buchanan wrote:

> > > Could you elaborate on where the scripts need improvement?
> > They should produce loadable modules in /lib/modules/kernel-version (or
> > somewhere) so that I can have different ones compiled for different
> > kernels that I may be running, and not have to re-compile them every
> > time I boot a different kernel.
>
> Err.  "They" do.
>
> $ locate NVdriver
> /lib/modules/2.4.18-3/kernel/drivers/video/NVdriver
> /lib/modules/2.4.18-10/kernel/drivers/video/NVdriver
> /lib/modules/2.4.18-4/kernel/drivers/video/NVdriver
> /lib/modules/2.4.18-5/kernel/drivers/video/NVdriver
> /lib/modules/2.4.18-17.7.x/kernel/drivers/video/NVdriver
> /lib/modules/2.4.18-18.7.x/kernel/drivers/video/NVdriver
How did you get the above for each kernel revision.  Also when I see
someone say something like "make sure you have updated the
kernel-source" does that mean have the source loaded for the kernel that
I want to compile against?  If that is true, i do have the -18-18.8.0
kernel & its source loaded.   Can someone please tell me what this
"buildmeister" is?  That seems to be the cause of all my trouble.

--
lovswr1 <lovswr1@earthlink.net>