Re: Problem with kernel ugrade & nVidia drivers

On Tue, 19 Nov 2002, Rinaldi J. Montessi wrote:

>So any kernel I boot has the NVdriver available.
>
>Which, I suppose, begs the question:  "Is it my responsibility to build
>modules for my system, or Red Hat's, or Nvidia's?"

I can help with that one.  You can remove Red Hat from the above
list, as Red Hat does not offer support for Nvidia's binary video
drivers.  It is the sole responsibility of Nvidia's packaging,
supplied software, and the end user using their drivers to
install them properly, configure them and get them working.

If you encounter problems however, from the feedback I've heard
from other users, Nvidia's technical support is quite good and
always willing to help out.

Hope this helps.

--
Mike A. Harris		ftp://people.redhat.com/mharris
OS Systems Engineer