Re: Problem with kernel ugrade & nVidia drivers

On Wed, 2002-11-20 at 04:10, Rinaldi J. Montessi wrote:
> Jesse Keating wrote:
> >
> > On 19 Nov 2002 07:14:13 -0500
> > nbecker@hns.com (Neal D. Becker) wrote:
> >
> > #
> > # Which is, BTW, stupid.
> >
> > Hey, don't look at me (;    Bitch at Nvidia for poorly written install
> > scripts.
>
> Could you elaborate on where the scripts need improvement?
They should produce loadable modules in /lib/modules/kernel-version (or
somewhere) so that I can have different ones compiled for different
kernels that I may be running, and not have to re-compile them every
time I boot a different kernel.  Maybe they produce modules already in
some place I haven't discovered...  Also, they could prompt for the
kernel source to compile with, so that I could compile a new version in
anticipation of booting another kernel.  (Instead of booting it, having
to stop X from retrying, rebuilding, and then restarting X...)
--
Iain Buchanan <iain@nospam.pcorp.com.au>
The worst is not so long as we can say "This is the worst."