Re: kmail setup in RH8.0

On Tue, 19 Nov 2002 17:22:59 -0800
Steve Madonna <steve.madonna@verizon.net> wrote:

# My shop uses RH 7.2 extensively (200 desktop users) and we are
# considering migrating to 8.0 but I can't seem to get kmail
# configured correctly. We have an email server setup for SMTP
# connections and for some reason kmail isn't writing in the domain
# name correctly in address. For example, If I put "steve" in the "To"
# address-line under RH7.2, it adds my domain name by default when I
# click the send button. This doesn't happen under RH8.0 and it's
# version of kmail. This version just adds "localhost" as the domain.
#
# Everything looks to be configured the same between both
# machines.....
#
# Doesn't it seem weird that all of a sudden this doesn't work? Has
# anyone experienced this? pointers to some documentation?

Double check your /etc/hosts file, and the domainname variable.

--
Jesse Keating
j2Solutions.net

Was I helpful?  Let others know: