Re: A thought about psyche

> My wife complains every time I change something, including updates from
> one RHL release to another (before 8.0). I can see her complaining even
> more if I install RHL 8.0 on her computer.  Possibly, I'd get away with
> Debian.

People complain about all sorts of things but in RH 8.0 when installed
the naive user has immediate access to the applications he most wants in
Windows. He finds the equivalent of Windows Office and a browser. That
is all that most Windows users want. They rarely pay attention to
Microsoft updates but if they do they work almost exactly as up2date
does. It is not a matter of dumbing us down but giving the average user
just what they want without having to sorry about the deeper stuff, They
can use and ISP just as they can with Windows. I still thing its clever
on the part of RedHat to do this assuming this was their conscious
decision.,
Aaron Konstam
Computer Science
Trinity University