...God I need Workarounds!

All,
    Please Help....

I've done as much as I can with this RH8.0 SOE but I have several
problems I'm hoping to sort out relatively quickly, I'll tackle them a
few at a time.

Firstly, would anyone know how to create an image from an existing user
profile to be used as a start point automagically everytime a new user
logs on?  The user's desktop has a standard background along with
several panel drawers containing a myriad of SOE Specific launchers on
them, This is used in conjunction with a Solaris server/workstation
environment where any of about fifty people could log onto this system
at any time. Due to the Department we're in, these people rotate in and
out of the section every few months making some sort of installer script
a little too awkward and possibly out of the question.

Secondly, a part of this image requires mounting Windows Domain shares
which are mounted from any number of  servers (usually arond five to
eight of the twenty or so servers) from any number of domains (somewhere
in the hundreds) which is done via Perl and GTK , on attempting to
umount, RedHat refuses to let go (something to do with the .trash
folder) leaving the system with someone elses data mappings accessible
to the next user... I asked about this before and someone wisely
retorted "Oh, Just type in the required mounts in this Config file and
then you can even mount them with a right click from the Desktop!" How
on earth can I get around this without manually typing out tens of
thousands of these possible combinations to some file somewhere?
Background: This system authenticates via a Solaris (NIS) server and
unfortunately the Windows Net shares require a different
username/password combo, this is an issue beyond our control.

Thanks in advance,

Scott.