Re: Copyright infringemnet. was: Re: stickers in box?

Chris Kloiber wrote:

> IANAL, nor do I play one on the net. However...
>
> The "Powered by Red Hat" logo has the copyright intact, and I believe
> there's something in the docs we include that specifically allows the
> use of that logo on any webserver which is running on Red Hat Linux. So
> the use of that logo would be allowed in that context.
>
> Removing the copyright symbol in an attempt to get it professionally
> mass produced is another matter. Besides, I've seen kits on case modding
> websites to make your own case badges with professional looking results
> from just about any 1" x 1" logo. That could easily work wonders with
> one of the box-set stickers, and nobody needs to "feed the lawyers".

Well, now, this is important. Chris, are you telling me - in your
admittedly unprofessional opinion - that leaving the (C) on the image
would have made the whole affair legit? I only took off the symbol - not
to slip it under the company's radar who produced it - but to make it
look neater. That was the *only* reason.

I only had 10 made because that was the minimum order. Does that qualify
as "mass produced?"

To take another tack with this thread, everyone I've shown these things
to has drooled over them. I think you guys could make some money selling
them like you do shirts and such...

--
David "Dunkirk" Krider
Acts 17:28, "For in Him we live, and move, and have our being."

enterprise 2.4.18-10smp #1 SMP Wed Aug 7 09:36:38 EDT 2002
   6:29am  up  8:25,  0 users,  load average: 0.01, 0.03, 0.00
Linux: Will you use the power for good... or for AWESOME?