Re: stickers in box?

> On Sunday 13 October 2002 10:55 pm, David Krider wrote:
>> On Fri, 2002-10-11 at 18:37, Marc Deslauriers wrote:
>> > Do the Red Hat Linux 8.0 personal or professional retail boxes still
>> > have stickers inside? :)
>> >
>> > Marc.
>>
>> I'll do you one better: I scanned my 7.2 box. I got just the side
>> where the logo is, where there's a two-toned background (one red, one
>> dark red). It turns out that this small logo on the box, with a little
>> background around all the edges, is perfectly suited for a 1 inch
>> square. I scanned it at 600 dpi, gimped out the (C) symbol, and sent
>> it to a company that makes custom case badges.
> <snip>
>
> I'd be willing to bet that removing the (C) doesn't automagically
> remove  the copyright as well. <grin>
> I would have gone with the old "hypothetically, I "could" do this..."
>
>> I'm probably going to get sued for saying this on this list though,
>
> Never can tell with lawyers.
>
> - --
> - -Michael

Hmmm, yeah if you remember the discussion regarding the naming of
the RULE project ... I liked smallcap since it is a cut down redhat,
redhat people strongly suggested their lawyers wouldn't like that ...
then you will probably hear from someone from redhat very soon.
Be prepared to be required to destroy them all.

--
-Cheers
-Andrew

MS ... if only he hadn't been hang gliding!