RE: Hard disc re-partition question

Stephen Liu wrote:>

I can make WinXP disk as Slave and mount both of them in the same PC.  When
I start Linux and mount the Slave drive, Linux can see WinXP and use the
latter's files and data but not vice versa.

WXP can't read Linux partitions...

>I heard 'parted' but never use it.  I will let you know my test result when
>available

Cool!

>>When a user logs in they will be dumped straight into their home DIRECTORY
>>you specified when you created the user wherever that may be slave or primary.

>Yes, that is correct.  My question is "how about the existing users and
>their folders", how to move them to Slave drive.  Is it by drag and drop on
>Konqueror?

I only use the command line and I've NEVER used kde... Sorry.
Coupla options here via command line tho:
-use 'usermod' to change the home directory of the user
 and you could just move their existing data to the new home.
or,
-use ln to link the user directory on the new disk on their current home
 directory.   ie. #ln -s /directory/on/new/disk/ /home/jondoe

Make sure you mv all of the existing data first though.

look at:
man ln
man usermod
for more info...

Alternatively try to find a way to do this with Konqueror.  If you feel
brave give the command line a go, you never know you might like it.

Rgds,

M:)