Copyright infringemnet. was: Re: stickers in box?

On Tue, 2002-10-15 at 01:45, Andrew Smith wrote:

> >> I'll do you one better: I scanned my 7.2 box. I got just the side
> >> where the logo is, where there's a two-toned background (one red, one
> >> dark red). It turns out that this small logo on the box, with a little
> >> background around all the edges, is perfectly suited for a 1 inch
> >> square. I scanned it at 600 dpi, gimped out the (C) symbol, and sent
> >> it to a company that makes custom case badges.
> > <snip>
> >
> > I'd be willing to bet that removing the (C) doesn't automagically
> > remove  the copyright as well. <grin>
> > I would have gone with the old "hypothetically, I "could" do this..."
> >
> >> I'm probably going to get sued for saying this on this list though,
> >
> > Never can tell with lawyers.
> >
> > - --
> > - -Michael
>
> Hmmm, yeah if you remember the discussion regarding the naming of
> the RULE project ... I liked smallcap since it is a cut down redhat,
> redhat people strongly suggested their lawyers wouldn't like that ...
> then you will probably hear from someone from redhat very soon.
> Be prepared to be required to destroy them all.

Eeep!. I don't want to be destroyed!

Wait a minute, you aren't talking about destroying *me*, your talking
about bootleg case badges. Yeah, that's probably more than a tad out of
bounds. You can copy the software, but not the logo. Please don't feed
the lawyers.

--
Chris Kloiber