Re: metacity window resize

Thomas Dodd wrote:

> 3: When the pointer is over a window decoration, borde, titlebar, the
> buttons in the corners, the WM gets all the modifiers.

This seems like a good idea, but probably would require changes to X
itself.  It introduces the idea of seperate focus for the WM and client
areas of a window.  I notice that if I set sawfish to focus mode
enter-exit (ie, focus follows pointer to root window) and open an xterm
and hold down a key, the character starts repeating when the mouse
passes over the titlebar or window border.

> 4: When the pointer is inside the window, the app gets it's keys,
> but the WM key (meta?) is still for the WM.

Seems like a good idea too, but unless this key is inaccessible to
application programs they will use it anyway.  Plans that require a
large enough group of people to Do The Right Thing hardly ever work out
it seems.