Re: Mildly pissed, was Re: Modem lights applet displays nothing....

Tony Nugent wrote:

>(By all accounts, what redhat did with kde in 8.0 was butcher it.
>I don't use kde, but I'm not suprised by all the problems.  Not a
>good move imho).

KDE in Red Hat 8.0 is alive and well.  You might want to read:

http://www.osnews.com/story.php?news_id=1890&page=all

and the reader comments at the end of the article.

Red Hat's changes are not all that severe and are aimed at making the
desktop experience in either KDE or Gnome similar and better.

I have had zero stability problems, using it since the day it was
released.  It is possible to return it to a KDE style for those who
prefer it with very little effort.

gerry