Re: Performance difference 7.3 - 8.0?

Steven P. Ulrick wrote:

> That's kind of ironic, because I did a fresh install of Red Hat 8 (I was
> running Red Hat 7.3) and I noticed an increase of performance in a few
> areas, among them, under 7.3, almost every application opened really
> slow (I noticed this before I installed 8.0), but now, apps open up a
> lot quicker :)

If you're using KDE...I recall a web page about it saying that in the
then-current version things were linked such that apps started slowly,
but that would be fixed.  Perhaps that is part of what makes apps open
up quicker--though I seem to notice greater speed even when I'm using
GNOME. (Purely a subjective feeling so far, without numbers to back it up.)

	James Jones