Re: a few RH 8.0 critiques

> * The gnome file open dialog - can it get any harder? I've seen better
> file handling dialog boxes on dumb terminals.

I have a feature enhancement in for this already... and it has been
assigned.

> * Program loads.. only the harddrive light gives me a clue the system is
> working. Mom didn't know she was launching the OO Writer 14 times.  So,
> I trained her to stare at the System Monitor applet on the panel.

There is a solution to this that has been defined by RedHat... one of the
Redhat developers posted a link on the NULL mailing list.  The existing
problem is that old Xwindows applications must comply with the new
specification for it to work.

> * Mozilla needs to learn a thing or two from Konqeror about how to
> default to better looking fonts on web sites.

>From what I hear this will be fixed Mozilla integrates XFT. Current
mozilla defaults to "system dpi settings" yet it has no way of reading
what the DPI settings are..  Manually setting it to 96dpi should improve
your fonts.

--
Shane R. Stixrud        "Nothing would please me more than being able to
shane@stixrud.org       hire ten programmers and deluge the hobby market

                        We are still waiting ....