Re: how do i share applications?

On Fri, 6 Feb 2004, Brett Caton wrote:

>I have Redhat 9, KDE and I upgraded mozilla as root as per instructions, but
>now it's not available to all users. I used Unix some 15 years ago and am
>very hazy, but I seem to recall I had to add something to $PATH in the
>.profile of each user? Or is that not applicable?
>
>Should I uninstall mozilla and reinstall into the sbin directory (sbin =
>shared binaries, I'm guessing?) or does KDE do things another way? The
>mozilla instruction were along the line of 1) uninstall mozilla 2) install
>as root 3) using gnome, do blah blah blah 4) using KDE... uhoh, there is no
>step 4! Aieee!
>
>I'm lost. I've tried reading through my linux manuals but they all seem to
>work on the assumption you are running a single user environment and I
>really can't afford to buy something more appropriate.
>
>Thanks for reading this through and I hope you will share your wisdom with
>me.

This list is for the discussion of XFree86 itself, the X server,
X libraries and other things directly pertaining to XFree86.
While mozilla is a graphical application which displays inside
the XFree86 X server, that is not on topic for this list.

A more appropriate list would be one of the mozilla.org end user
mailing lists.

--
Mike A. Harris