how do i share applications?

I have Redhat 9, KDE and I upgraded mozilla as root as per instructions, but
now it's not available to all users. I used Unix some 15 years ago and am
very hazy, but I seem to recall I had to add something to $PATH in the
.profile of each user? Or is that not applicable?

Should I uninstall mozilla and reinstall into the sbin directory (sbin =
shared binaries, I'm guessing?) or does KDE do things another way? The
mozilla instruction were along the line of 1) uninstall mozilla 2) install
as root 3) using gnome, do blah blah blah 4) using KDE... uhoh, there is no
step 4! Aieee!

I'm lost. I've tried reading through my linux manuals but they all seem to
work on the assumption you are running a single user environment and I
really can't afford to buy something more appropriate.

Thanks for reading this through and I hope you will share your wisdom with
me.

Brett Caton.