Re: AS 2.1 - Video card

On Sat, 7 Feb 2004, Veera Partha wrote:

>Date: Sat, 07 Feb 2004 06:18:16 -0500
>From: Veera Partha <vpr_mam@xxxxxxxxx>
>To: xfree86-list@xxxxxxxxxx
>Subject: Re: AS 2.1 - Video card
>
>Resending this. Awaiting for the reply.

I sent you a reply already on February 4th, which went to the
list, and should be in the list archives as well.  Here it is
again edited to remove unnecessary bulk:

----- Forwarded message --------------------------------
Date: Wed, 4 Feb 2004 08:33:29 -0500 (EST)
From: Mike A. Harris <mharris@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: xfree86-list@xxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: AS 2.1 - Video card

> Do i need any driver for this? Any help is greatly appreciated.

Your video hardware is not supported by XFree86 4.1.0 which is
what comes with AS 2.1.  You require XFree86 4.3.0 in order to
get Intel i845 video support, as that is the first XFree86
release with support for this chip.  Red Hat Enterprise Linux 3
has 4.3.0 and Intel i845 support.  You can upgrade to RHEL3 from
2.1 for free via the RHN web interface.

Hope this helps.

--
Mike A. Harris