Re: Requesting experiences with dual-DVI cards

Mike A. Harris wrote:

On Fri, 30 Jan 2004, Alex Deucher wrote:

I was referring to the fireGL cards, but partner-built dual DVI cards
should work as well.

The dualhead FireGL cards with dual-DVI do not work dualhead with DVI output because the second output aparently uses a secondary TMDS transmitter which is not built into the main ASIC, and it isn't yet supported by the XFree86 driver.

They might work in VGA mode however, but I've never tried it personally.

No the FireGL card does not work 'out of the box' dualhead VGA with FC1 XFree and the problem continues with the latest Fedora development XFree 4.3 - 45(?). Apparently Fedora Bug #108963 is still active. The FireGL does work for me under DRI CVS merged FB, or at least it did laid over a pure FC 1. Note to the original poster: the X config file for DRI CVS is substantially different than FC1 so you lose your FC1 config tools compatibility.

--> Also recall that FC1 locked up on a graphical install w/ both heads attached, VGA or otherwise. I expect X 4.3 - 45 is going to give the same results on the imminent FC 2 Test 1.

Regards,
Mark