Re: Requesting experiences with dual-DVI cards

Alex Deucher wrote:

When you said "dual DVI radeon workstation cards" were you referring
the FireGL class cards? Since we do not need 3D support those are
out of
our price range. Or are you speculating that any dual-dvi radeon,
e.g. something like the Asus Radeon 9600XT, would work - at least for 2D?

I was referring to the fireGL cards, but partner-built dual DVI cards
should work as well.

Under what? Yes mine works with your Merged FB from DRI CVS but never worked dual head, VGA or otherwise, with the Fedora XFree 4.3.0 packages and the problem continues with the latest Fedora development 4..3 something -45. See bug#108963

BTW, are there MergedFB radeon binaries that can be dropped into Fedora somewhere? I tried a radeon binary (maybe from the XFree site ) a ~ month ago on a binary for binary replacement and couldnt get it to go. Had to build the entire beasty.

-Mark