Re: Requesting experiences with dual-DVI cards

Greetings,

I am RH 9 on a Dell Optiplex GX260 with a ATI Radeon VE QY adapter
DVI-connected to two Dell 1901FP monitors at 1280x1024 resolution in
Xinerama mode.  It works quite well for "plain ol' work" and have no
need for 3D capabilities for I've not tried them.

When we first got the 1901's we didn't have the DVI Y-Connector needed
so I was running on the Dsub analog connections.  This sucked mightily.
You may recall my emails to this list asking about washout on the 2nd
monitor.  Switching to the DVI connections corrected that problems
nicely.

The lspci -v output for my graphics adapter is:

01:00.0 VGA compatible controller: ATI Technologies Inc Radeon VE QY
(prog-if 00 [VGA])
        Subsystem: ATI Technologies Inc: Unknown device 1b8a
        Flags: bus master, stepping, 66Mhz, medium devsel, latency 64,
IRQ 3
        Memory at f0000000 (32-bit, prefetchable) [size=128M]
        I/O ports at ec00 [size=256]
        Memory at ff8f0000 (32-bit, non-prefetchable) [size=64K]
        Expansion ROM at 80000000 [disabled] [size=128K]
        Capabilities: <available only to root>

--[Lance]

--
Lance A. Brown