Re: Requesting experiences with dual-DVI cards

--- Mark Heslep <mark@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> >The binary DRI snapshots on freedesktop.org should work, although,
> I've
> >not tried them myself.
> >http://dri.sourceforge.net/cgi-bin/moin.cgi/Download
> >make sure you replace ati_drv, radeon_drv, and XFree86 otherwise you
> >will get version mismatches.
> >
> >Alex
> >

> Yes,  thank you,  found it and tried it last night. and a version
> mismatch is exactly what  happened.  The install script  takes care
> of
> replacing all the above for you, no?

No, the install script only replaces the drivers.  You have to switch
the XFree86 binary yourself.

> Also I was running kernel
> 2.6.1;
> I noticed the 'only 2.4 kernels note'  but regardless the script  ran

I think the script works for 2.6 kernels.  You may have to rename the
resulting module or move it to the right place.  I haven't tried much
with 2.6 yet.

Alex