Re: Requesting experiences with dual-DVI cards

Mark Heslep wrote:

The binary DRI snapshots on freedesktop.org should work, although, I've
not tried them myself.
http://dri.sourceforge.net/cgi-bin/moin.cgi/Download
make sure you replace ati_drv, radeon_drv, and XFree86 otherwise you
will get version mismatches.

Alex

Yes, thank you, found it and tried it last night. and a version mismatch is exactly what happened. The install script takes care of replacing all the above for you, no? Also I was running kernel 2.6.1; I noticed the 'only 2.4 kernels note' but regardless the script ran cleanly and without any problems noted in the install log.

Mark

Alex, sorry for the lazy question, the XFree86 binary information is right there at your given link. Now posting this from a dual-head LCD /1 VGA & 1 digital / Fedora X 4.3.0-45 with DRI overlaid binaries / ATI FireGL card / kernel 2.6.1. Many thanks to all the DRI radeon developers for these binary drop ins.

-Mark