Re: XF86 config Problem - Redhat 9

On Tue, 2003-05-20 at 00:41, Barry Warsaw wrote:

> I've traded emails with a number of dual-head Radeon users and have
> answered quite a few pleas for help based on my messages in the
> archives.  I've yet to speak to anyone who has a working dual-head
> Radeon set up in RH9/XF86 4.3.0.
>
> If you're out there, don't be shy!  Post your config file!

Ok here goes my tale. Videocard is a built-by-ATI Radeon 7500 (QW) and
I've two CRT's (Viewsonic 17GS and Samsung Synmaster 900NF) hooked up to
it.

I had briefly tried getting Xinerama set up after installing RHL 9.
Using the anaconda supplied XF86Config as my baseline,  I kept getting
the cloned mode. I tried again with the -5, -6, and -13 rawhides. Same
deal.

Tonight I decided I would fight with it some more. After playing around
a bit I've narrowed the problem (at least my instance of it) down to
'VideoRam' entry. If the line is present (in both or either 'Section
"Device"') I get clone mode; if it is omitted I get Xinerama.

I do not know if this change would have also worked for an earlier
XFree86 revision or will help anyone else.

I don't know about the screen blanking problem earlier revisions
supposedly had but I am not experiencing any problems to date (~30
minutes).

John MacLean