Re: XF86 config Problem - Redhat 9

Ah ha!  there in lies the problem.  The reason you were getting a clone
mode was because the videoram option overrides the size of the video
ram detected by the driver.  When you use xinerama, it divides the
video ram into two framebuffers; one for each pScrn (effectively giving
each head half of the video ram).  Specifying videoram may override
what was allocated to each head resulting in some sort of undefined
behavior, hence the clone mode.  if you are using a newer rawhide
build, you should get the screen blanking bug, that was fixed.  You
also won't see it if you are using a sw cursor.

Just a suggestion for users out there, you really don't need to specify
videoram for any of the drivers as a general rule.  the memory
detection routines, in my experience, work about 99.999% of the time.

Alex