XFree86-4.3.0-5 released to rawhide

I've built a new release which contains numerous fixes
incorporated since the Red Hat Linux 9 release, the highlights of
which are:

- Many Radeon driver bug fixes and enhancements which fix many
  bugs reported in bugzilla, as well as many other issues
  reported upstream.
- *NEW* support for ATI Radeon IGP integrated chipsets
- *NEW* support for ATI Radeon 9200 Pro
- Improved Radeon DDC monitor detection
- Various patches that speed up RPM rebuilding time up to 10%

And a whole whackload of stuff that I don't want to point form
itemize since I'm including the RPM changelog here which details
it all anyway.

These RPMS should work in Red Hat Linux 9, and I request that any
bugs people have filed that are found to be fixed in this release
(or any future releases as well), please go in bugzilla and
update your bug report to indicate that the problem has been
fixed.

If there are any new bugs found, please also report them in
bugzilla:

http://bugzilla.redhat.com
http://bugs.xfree86.org

Also, if you've reported a bug before, and you upgrade and test
this release (or any future releases), and the problem is still
present, please update the bug report to indicate that the
problem still exists in 4.3.0-5, and include any updated details
or other information, new log files, config files, etc. that
might be helpful in finding a future resolution.

You can download the RPMs of this release from:

	ftp://people.redhat.com/mharris/testing/9/XFree86/4.3.0-5

Download _all_ of them, and upgrade using:

	rpm -Uvh XFree86-*.rpm

Here is the detailed RPM changelog:

* Thu Apr 24 2003 Mike A. Harris <mharris@xxxxxxxxxx> 4.3.0-5
- Removed XFree86-4.0.1-alpha-pcibus-lemming.patch as it is not clear what it
  actually does, is not documented anywhere what if any bug it fixes, and
  nobody remembers what it was for, and we have not applied it for quite a
  while now either.
- Added XFree86-4.3.0-radeon-irq-gen-lockup-from-cvs.patch which works around
  a lockup that can occur on server shutdown/restart with the radeon driver due
  to bugs in DRM IRQ handling in the kernel
- Added XFree86-4.3.0-radeon-support-from-ATI-backport-from-CVS.patch which is
  an amalgamation of patches done by Hui Yu at ATI which implement:
  Radeon IGP320/330/340 support (2D only), RV280 (9200/M9+) support, Fix for
  some M9 laptop panels, Improved version of monitor detection code, Fixed bug
  for two or more radeon cards, Man page updates, Workaround for double scan
  modes problem at high resolutions, Overlay scaling problem when RMX is used,
  and also PPC updates for Radeon from Michel Daenzer
- Replaced XFree86-4.2.99.902-ati-radeon-alan-legacy-vga.patch with new
  XFree86-4.3.0-redhat-radeon-forcelegacyvga-for-alan.patch reimplementation
  around the new radeon driver code.  Needs testing by Alan.

* Tue Apr 22 2003 Mike A. Harris <mharris@xxxxxxxxxx> 4.3.0-4
- Enable _unpackaged_files_terminate_build & _missing_doc_files_terminate_build
  options and clean up remaining file failures so we are swooshy clean now
- Update %%install file deletion list for s390/s390x/ppc
- Moved DELETE FILES section after STRIP FILES section in specfile
- Added XFree86-4.3.0-redhat-xlib-linux-fix-avoiding-substance-abuse-job.patch
  as a hideous kludge to work around the even more ugly hideous Solaris
  broken weirdness junk triggering off _LP64 in XlcDL.c

* Sun Apr 20 2003 Mike A. Harris <mharris@xxxxxxxxxx> 4.3.0-3.9
- Renamed TinyX subpackage to kdrive
- Made all kdrive X servers setuid root in filelists

* Sat Apr 19 2003 Mike A. Harris <mharris@xxxxxxxxxx> 4.3.0-3.8
- Added XFree86-4.3.0-xbiff-file-heirarchy-standard.patch for FHS 2.2
  compliance of xbiff
- When not shipping config tools, defining "BuildXFree86ConfigTools NO" in
  host.def speeds up build
- Added XFree86-4.3.0-disable-building-apps-we-do-not-ship.patch to disable
  building applications we do not ship such as xedit, xman, xmh
- Moved include/pixmaps from XFree86-devel to XFree86-xf86cfg where it belongs,
  although this stuff really should not be in _x11includedir

* Fri Apr 18 2003 Mike A. Harris <mharris@xxxxxxxxxx> 4.3.0-3.7
- Added PPC64 support with XFree86-4.3.0-ppc64-support.patch

* Sat Apr 12 2003 Mike A. Harris <mharris@xxxxxxxxxx> 4.3.0-3.6
- Added XFree86-4.3.0-ati-radeon-dualhead-cursor-crash.patch to fix radeon
  dualhead crash problem when mouse cursor crosses screens (#87854,88748)

* Wed Apr  9 2003 Mike A. Harris <mharris@xxxxxxxxxx> 4.3.0-3.5
- Added XFree86-4.3.0-missing-SharedXfontReqs.patch to try and fix (#88355)

* Fri Apr  4 2003 Mike A. Harris <mharris@xxxxxxxxxx> 4.3.0-3.4
- Added XFree86-4.3.0-redhat-bug-report-address-update.patch which changes the
  X server bug report messages on where and how to file bug reports

* Fri Apr  4 2003 Mike A. Harris <mharris@xxxxxxxxxx> 4.3.0-3.3
- Added XFree86-4.3.0-ati-r128-Xv-ecp-divisor.patch which fixes a problem on
  Rage 128 in which high resolution images displayed with the XVideo extension
  have weird "green" noise in them (#88033)
- Added XFree86-4.3.0-makefile-fastbuild.patch to bypass the main Makefile
  clean and depend targets when make World is ran

* Fri Mar 14 2003 Mike A. Harris <mharris@xxxxxxxxxx> 4.3.0-3.2
- Added XFree86-4.3.0-xlib-dual-malloc-memleak-lcPrTxt.c.patch which fixes
  a memleak in Xlib caused by double malloc. Not being applied to x86_64 yet,
  waiting for approval to fix (#86108)
- Added XFree86-4.3.0-craptastic-cast.patch to non-x86_64, just a cosmetic
  casting fixup of (off_t)(off_t) to just (off_t)

* Sat Mar  8 2003 Mike A. Harris <mharris@xxxxxxxxxx> 4.3.0-3.1
- Updated XFree86-4.3.0-glint-unresolved-symbols.patch to add several more
  missing DRM symbols that another user reported when DRI is not used.  This
  compliments the existing symbol name additions with an even more complete
  list, and should fix the problems reported in bug (#85191) as well as
  adding to the bugfix for (#85805)
- Added XFree86-4.3.0-elfloader-linux-non-exec-stack.patch to patch the XFree86
  ELF loader to work properly on Linux with a kernel with a non-exec stack,
  however this patch is disabled on x86_64 and possibly other architectures for
  now

* Sat Mar  8 2003 Mike A. Harris <mharris@xxxxxxxxxx> 4.3.0-3
- Added XFree86-4.3.0-ati-radeon-R300-fix-pll-value.patch which fixes a bug
  in the Radeon driver (on all archs) that occurs only on R300 chips (Radeon
  9500/9700) due to a broken PLL define in radeon_regs.h (#85784)
- Re-enabled XFree86-4.3.0-glint-unresolved-symbols.patch on x86_64 as it is
  approved now by msw.

* Fri Mar 7 2003 Mike A. Harris <mharris@xxxxxxxxxx> 4.3.0-2.2
- Modified xdm.pamd and xserver.pamd to remove explicit paths with hard coded
  /lib dir, since it is in /lib64 on lib64 archs, and so pam console ownership
  is screwed without this change.  Similar problems were fixed in September in
  many other packages, but no bug reports were filed in bugzilla so I was aware
  of this problem, so it remained broken until I just discovered it myself
  while trying to debug a screensaver related issue (#85795)
- I have made the XFree86-4.3.0-glint-unresolved-symbols.patch patch added in
  4.3.0-2.1 ifnarch x86_64 to exclude this patch from x86_64 builds, even
  though it is an obviously correct and harmless bugfix on all architectures
  and should be applied (#85805)

* Sun Mar 2 2003 Mike A. Harris <mharris@xxxxxxxxxx> 4.3.0-2.1
- Added XFree86-4.3.0-glint-unresolved-symbols.patch to fix some unresolved
  drm symbols in the glint driver.  Possible fix for (#85191)?
- Removed unused patch - XFree86-4.0.99.3-Xwrapper.patch (#85336)
- Renamed xdm-4.0-servonly.patch to XFree86-4.0-xdm-servonly.patch