Re: XFree86-4.3.0-5 released to rawhide

On Sat, 26 Apr 2003, Mike A. Harris wrote:

> I've built a new release which contains numerous fixes
> incorporated since the Red Hat Linux 9 release, the highlights of
> which are:
>
> - Many Radeon driver bug fixes and enhancements which fix many
>   bugs reported in bugzilla, as well as many other issues
>   reported upstream.
> - *NEW* support for ATI Radeon IGP integrated chipsets
> - *NEW* support for ATI Radeon 9200 Pro
> - Improved Radeon DDC monitor detection
> - Various patches that speed up RPM rebuilding time up to 10%
>
> And a whole whackload of stuff that I don't want to point form
> itemize since I'm including the RPM changelog here which details
> it all anyway.
>
> These RPMS should work in Red Hat Linux 9, and I request that any
> bugs people have filed that are found to be fixed in this release
> (or any future releases as well), please go in bugzilla and
> update your bug report to indicate that the problem has been
> fixed.

Mike, you are my hero for today.  Looks like it fixes 70780 (world's most
annoying Radeon 7500 Mobility bug--display garbled on resume, including
resume from screen-blank).  Unfortunately, seems to regress 64782 (X runs
away on restore from suspend to disk).  I'll report details in Bugzilla.

Thanks!

--
		Matthew Saltzman

Clemson University Math Sciences