Radeon 7500 PCI + RH7.3 problems

Hi all,

I'm running RH7.3 on a machine with an ATI Radeon 7500 PCI 64MB card
(Built by ATI).  I'm using the card in dual-head mode, driving two
Dell E171FP analog flat panels, with a DVI->VGA converter on the DVI
port.  Xinerama is enabled.

The system basically works -- I've got a dual-headed X system running
just fine, but there are some display glitches that I can't seem to
get rid of.  Any help would be greatly appreciated.

One odd thing is that X identifies the card as a "ATI Radeon 7500 QW"
and looking at the XFree86.0.log, it seems to think this is an AGP
card.  It's not though, it's definitely a PCI 7500.  I don't know if
that's significant.

First, the screen running off the VGA port looks pretty sharp, except
that there are ghost lines moving off to the right for all vertical
lines displayed.  E.g. the inside left edge of my Mozilla windows has
about 5 ghost lines moving into the body of the window at decreasing
intensities.  The problem is worse with saturated window border colors
(e.g. red) and light backgrounds.

Second, the screen driven off the DVI port has lots of fuzziness that
no amount of pixel clock or phase settings gets rid of.  There are
very heavy vertical ghosts again moving off to the right, but they are
fewer, darker, and closer together than on the VGA screen.

Third, console mode has problems.  While the text is quite sharp (in
contrast to the images under X), the two screens are mirrored and way
too far to the left.  The left, say 1" or 2" of text is cut off.

I'm less suspicious about the monitors and cabling because I've driven
the same hardware off an ATI 8500 Mac card on my OSX G4 and they look
great.  Very sharp, no ghosts, no glitches.

Any advice is greatly appreciated.  I've attached my XF86Config-4 file
below.  XFree86.0.log available on request.

-Barry

-------------------- snip snip --------------------
Section "ServerLayout"
	Identifier     "XFree86 Configured"
	Screen      0  "Screen0" 0 0
	Screen      1  "Screen1" RightOf "Screen0"
	InputDevice    "Mouse0" "CorePointer"
EndSection

Section "Files"
	RgbPath      "/usr/X11R6/lib/X11/rgb"
	FontPath     "unix/:7100"
	ModulePath   "/usr/X11R6/lib/modules"
EndSection

Section "ServerFlags"
	Option "Xinerama" "On"
EndSection

Section "Module"
	Load  "dbe"
	Load  "dri"
	Load  "extmod"
	Load  "glx"
	Load  "record"
	Load  "xtrap"
	Load  "speedo"
	Load  "type1"
EndSection

Section "InputDevice"
	Identifier  "Keyboard0"
	Driver      "keyboard"
EndSection

Section "InputDevice"
	Identifier  "Mouse0"
	Driver      "mouse"
	Option      "Device" "/dev/mouse"
	Option	    "Protocol" "MouseManPlusPS/2"
	Option      "Emulate3Buttons" "off"
	Option      "ZAxisMapping" "4 5"
EndSection

Section "Monitor"