Re: Antialiasing blurs vertical font elements

OT> It's a matter of preference

I don't doubt it, but I've yet to have any users here tell me that
they prefer the new RH8 default and instead have received several
complaints about it.  A couple of users have requested new monitors
because the increased blurriness led them to believe that their
equipment was on the fritz.

OT> To tweak stuff not running under GNOME, you want to edit
OT> /etc/X11/Xresources.

Thanks, I've been looking for days but I never would have thought to
look there.  That file seems to be new in 8.0; could you point me to
the piece of documentation that would have led me there so that I can
read up on things?  A grep through everything I have in /usr/share/doc
doesn't reveal anything.

 - J<