Acrobat Reader full screen mode doesn't fill screen?

On my Dell Latitude C610 (ATI Radeon M6), when I attempt to use Acrobat
Reader in full screen mode (menu selection View -> Full Screen), the full
screen image is offset up and to the left (so part of it is off the
screen and part of the desktop shows on the screen.  This doesn't appear
to happen with other XFree86 drivers.

Has anyone else run across this, or can anyone else verify the behavior?

I filed this in Bugzilla (66253) and got the following response from Mike
Harris:

+That would be a bug in Acrobat Reader itself, not in XFree86.  XFree86 has
+absolutely nothing to do with that sort of thing.  Also, we do not ship
+acroread, and as such do not support it either.  You need to contact Adobe
+if you've discovered an acroread bug.

Yes, I know that, but I am at a loss to explain why it only seems to
happen with the Radeon driver.  I know we don't have access to the
acroread source, and I'm certainly not a graphics programmer, but I
don't understand why acroread's behavior would be driver-dependent.  Does
anyone have a suggestion about that?  (I ask the mailing list because
acroread is not officially supported.

+
+Also, just to note - I use Acroread daily, and do not have this problem.

Yes, so do I, and I only have the problem with the Radeon driver (this
machine is my only Radeon).  So one of the following must apply:

(a) Mike hasn't used it in full screen mode.  (I hadn't until I went to
project a slide show created with LaTeX.  I ended up doing the projection
using that other OS.)

(b) Mike hasn't tried it in full screen mode with the Radeon driver (or if
he's tried it with another Radeon card, then not on the same machine I
use).

(c) I'm imagining it.

So any suggestions, verification, etc., would be welcome.  If it is
plausibly an acroread bug, I will certainly file it with Adobe.

Thanks in adance.

--
		Matthew Saltzman

Clemson University Math Sciences