Re: perl module version ordering differing from RPM

On 29 Aug 2002 12:41:00 -0400, Chip Turner <cturner@redhat.com> wrote:

>> Why does 1.061 -> 1.0.6.1 not work?
>
>To rpm, 1.61 and 1.061 are the same.  But 1.6.1 and 1.0.6.1 are
>different.

Exactly - to perl, 1.61 and 1.061 are different, so with this translation
I'm making them different for RPM too.

>I would highly suggest using cpanflute2; it has many more features, is
>currently maintained, and is much easier to modify/extend.  cpanflute
>is a dead path; cpanflute2 is alive, and I'm happy to include any
>patches people come up with :)

I may have a look at moving over, though I have already made substantial
modifications to cpanflute to make it do what I want, so this would be some
effort. I think the ideal solution would be an appropriate plugin for
CPANPLUS (which is intended as a cleaner more modular replacement for CPAN),
but I'm not sure what the current status of that project is.

Cheers,

Ganesh