Re: pop won't authenticate my password

On Thu, 05 Feb 2004 10:32:16 -0600, Rodolfo J. Paiz <rpaiz@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

At 04:13 2/5/2004, you wrote:
Thanks so much, Rodolfo. I had kept the reference to your excellent site
http://www.simpaticus.com/linux, of course, and I had planned to go back
to it if I couldn't get everything working first by doing what Ben had
suggested. I guess I'll just have to go back and read everything
carefully and learn by trial and error--it won't be the first time.

It really sounds like you have no DNS for your zone and you need one, and that this may be the extent of your problem. Try approaching it from the angle that you want to install your own DNS server (or, if you want to try it, I'll be happy to set up mccorduck.ws on my DNS server for testing purposes). Check the "DNS First Steps" doc to get an idea of the terms and concepts, then read the DNS-HOWTO at TLDP... that should do you right.

As I said, I'll be happy to test-drive the zone myself if you like. Then, if that solves the problem, you can just copy my zonefile to your server and you're done. :-)

And the test address on my mail server is still there for yuor use ED. I won't kill it untill we are sure you are fixed.

-- Using M2, Opera's revolutionary e-mail client: http://www.opera.com/m2/