RE: pop won't authenticate my password

At 06:27 2/4/2004, you wrote:
My apologies to you, Ben, as well as to Roger, Steve, Edward, Stuart,
Rodolfo and anyone else I've neglected to thank for his/her advice on my
issue. I certainly intend to scrutinize all your latest replies, but my
"real" job and my family life haven't left me with much of a chance to
deal with this issue for quite a while.

Don't worry about it... I'm sure everyone understands, and I personally deal with many of the same issues so I can't get things done as quickly as I'd like either. As far as getting your own nameserver up and running, it's very simple. The only thing is that the config file is a little technical and it's easy to make mistakes. But even if your DNS server doesn't work right off the bat, at least it won't break anything else.

If you have /no/ knowledge of DNS (which is what it sounds like), I suggest you read the "DNS First Steps" document I've posted on my website. You can reach it from:

http://www.simpaticus.com/linux

Please keep in mind that this doc is pretty much a first draft, and needs improvement. Still, it should get you to understanding the concepts and the terminology. From there, I suggest you go to the Linux Documentation Project:

http://www.tldp.org

and read the DNS-HOWTO located there. That should get you up and running.

Feel free to post additional questions to the list as well.

-- Rodolfo J. Paiz rpaiz@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx http://www.simpaticus.com