RE: pop won't authenticate my password

My apologies to you, Ben, as well as to Roger, Steve, Edward, Stuart,
Rodolfo and anyone else I've neglected to thank for his/her advice on my
issue. I certainly intend to scrutinize all your latest replies, but my
"real" job and my family life haven't left me with much of a chance to
deal with this issue for quite a while.

I was able to do one thing, however, and that was something you had
suggested, Ben. You had said:

> >From the sounds of it, right now you just want to host the
> website and
> >the
> mail server.  I agree that this is enough right now and you
> do not want to handle DNS on your machine.  So contact
> worldsite.ws and let them know this is what you need from them:
>

> 1) worldsite.ws be the primary nameserver for mccorduck.ws
> and
> 2) Put these entries in for my domain
>
> mccorduck.ws. IN A 24.24.15.155
>
> 24.24.15.155 IN PTR mccorduck.ws.
>
> www.mccorduck.ws. IN CNAME mccorduck.ws.
>
> @ 	IN MX mccorduck.ws.

I sent an e-mail to WorldSite.ws' support giving them this exact
information, and this what they said in reply:

"We are not a hosting company, so we cannot put those entries onto our
servers. Those updates can only be made on the server where mccorduck.ws
is located."

O.K., so is it really possible for me to do all those things on my own
machine? If so, which file(s) does all the info. go into, what commands
will I need, etc.? I'd be grateful for further help from you, and thanks
so much for the ton of help you've given me already.

Ed McCorduck
Department of English
State University of New York College at Cortland
ed@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
http://mccorduck.cortland.edu
http://McCorduck.ws