Re: LogWatch and Postfix?

(http://www2.list.logwatch.org:81/pipermail/logwatch/2003-July/000406.html)
> that postfix will not play with logwatch. That is why pflogsumm was
> born. It would be to your benefit to install pflogsumm

(http://rpmfind.net/linux/RPM/contrib/noarch/noarch/pflogsumm-1.0.11-1.noarc
h.html).
> The app is easy to install, and it does a beautiful job of reporting
> what is in the maillog. I have only one small problem I haven't taken
> the time to work out regarding pflogsumm reading the maillog.1 after
> cron does it's thing. [I'm sure it's an easy fix. I just haven't done it.]
>
> YMMV,
>
> Bill

You're probably right. pflogsumm only deals with Postfix though. LogWatch
deals with all major daemons on the system. The only problem I'm having is
that LogWatch won't MAIL the stuff to me, it's not that it won't give me a
log-entry about Postfix, it's that it won't give me anything at all. If my
problem is because of what you've noted above, then fair enough, I'll admit
defeat, install pflogsumm and leave it at that and find similar 'log
analysers' that work for the other daemons.

I can make LogWatch output it's stuff to a logfile and look at it there, but
I can't get that to mail it using /bin/mail (even if I do it manually) as I
get the same error as before, with the 'cannot move file' error. Which makes
me think that the problem is with /bin/mail or perhaps the way the mailboxes
are setup. I'll keep on it until I can confirm what it is or is not, I'm
just stubborn and I don't like to give up without a good reason on things
like this. No disrespect to your opinion at all Bill, I appreciate the input
:)

Mr. K. Hawkes