Re: LogWatch and Postfix?

> I may be off base here, but as I read it, logwatch is sending email
> through postfix. It is simply not reporting on what postfix *does*. Why
> postfix won't play with logwatch, I don't know. I use postfix, and I had
> to use pflogsumm.
>
> Bill Tangren

Okies, logwatch can do it's reporting thing just fine, it's the sending of
the mail it can't seem to do.
If I try Logwatch 4.x, it gives me the error about 'cannot move file', if I
try 5.x, it just does nothing at all.

I am at the end of my teather with this, so will backup my postfix confs,
uninstall both logwatch AND postfix.
Then install postfix from scratch (using all default confs, just changing
domain name so it can send mail), then install logwatch and see whether it's
a misconfiguration on my part, or a genuine incompatibility.

I'll try all variations of Postfix + LogWatch (Postfix 1.1.13 + LogWatch
4.x, Postfix 2.x + LogWatch 4.x etc... with LogWatch 5.x).

I'll let you all know how the tests go, although for those of you who use
Postfix AND Logwatch and have NO problems, any chance you could tar up your
logwatch and postfix confs? (obviously omitting any sensitive IPs or
details) Just so I can take a look, see if I'm missing something?

Thanks.

Mr. K. Hawkes