Re: LogWatch and Postfix?

> I'll let you all know how the tests go, although for those of you who use
> Postfix AND Logwatch and have NO problems, any chance you could tar up
your
> logwatch and postfix confs? (obviously omitting any sensitive IPs or
> details) Just so I can take a look, see if I'm missing something?

Details of tests carried out.

LogWatch :                            Postfix :
    Standard with RH9                Standard with RH9

Result :    Complains about 'cannot move file
/var/spool/temp/1070298315000.22231.localhost.localdomain.mail'

LogWatch :                            Postfix :
    5.x                                        Standard with RH9

Result :    Same as before

LogWatch :                            Postfix :
    Standard with RH9                1.1.13 and 2.0.16

Result :    Same as before

LogWatch :                            Postfix :
    5.x                                        1.1.13 and 2.0.16

Result :    Same as before

At least I have a consistent result now, better than before in that respect.
Still stumped about this though, I deleted ALL of my postfix and logwatch
configs on each occaision, using just the defaults supplied.

E-Mail to and from remote domains works as expected, so I'm really stumped
with this. I did uninstall sendmail shortly after installing the initial
postfix config, am not sure whether this had something to do with it...
sendmail WASN'T active when I uninstalled it but perhaps something was using
it for something? I have no idea.

Anyone who has this all working, any chance you can send me (personally -
k.hawkes@xxxxxxxxxxxx, not the list) #1 - a copy of your logwatch.conf file
#2 - copies of your postfix config files #3 - a copy of your /etc/mail.rc
#4 - a 'ls -lA' on /bin/mail.

#1 and #2 speak for themselves here, but #3 and #4 may not... #3 is just
incase the mailx package itself is the problem as is where it's pointing to
right now. #4 makes sure that the binary I have and the one you have, is the
same size (meaning for the most part, same version I hope).

Thanking you in advance,

Mr. K. Hawkes