Re: it's so disappointing

On Thu, Nov 06, 2003 at 06:36:29AM -0600, Ed Wilts wrote:
> You can download the SRPMs from Red Hat's FTP site - Red Hat makes them
> available for the entire Enterprise line, including updates.   You can
> also get the RPMs from whatever project you need.

NOTE:  THE FOLLOWING IS *NOT* FLAMEFODDER.  IT IS INTENDED TO BE A SUCCINCT
       STATEMENT OF THE OPTIONS AVAILABLE.

So to sum up, the answer is:

	a) I can build them; ok, *I* can do that.  Clients will have
	   to either know how to do it, or pay someone--hopefully me--to
	   keep 'em up2date. (Joke...)

	b) Hope that projects in question support the RPM model.

In neither case is RedHat, the company, the answer for support.
Both offer the potentiality of RPM hell (#1 if package dependencies
aren't kept up-to-date in the SRPM; #2 for obvious reasons).  If they
don't like that, pony up for full Enterprise with support.
--
	Dave Ihnat
	ignatz@xxxxxxxxxx