Re: it's so disappointing

On Wed, 5 Nov 2003, Genti A. Hila wrote:
> It's so disappointing to me the RedHat announcement, I became aware of it
> just today.
> I've been using it for a period of one year and a half and i was hoping by
> this time to go deeper in it, but it doesn't seem to be the case.
> I guess Microsoft should be pretty happy now.
> Fedora, oh fedora seems a nice experimenting platform, but it is not nice
> for users anymore, it's nice for RedHat Inc, which can experiment its future
> business products.

Have you even tried Fedora?

> I am still confused and not yet decided what to do now, but I am seriously
> thinking on moving to Debian or some other open source platform.
>
> It is so dissapointing .......
> RedHat betrayed opensource

Red Hat betrayed open source? How, by opening up the development process and sponsoring
a community centric linux distribution?

If anyone is curious about Fedora and hasn't read the FAQ yet, I highly recommend doing so.
It clarifies a lot of misunderstandings and misinformation. You can find the FAQ here:

http://fedora.redhat.com/about/faq/

Regards,

Matthew Galgoci

--

Matthew Galgoci		"If you were a woman I'd kiss you right now."
System Administrator