Concerns with Fedora

The main reasons why I have been hesitant about staying with Red Hat and
why I've been considering switching to SuSE are:

1.  Ximian does not support Fedora because of GNOME issues (Ximian
    is based on GNOME 2.2, it looks like Fedora uses a later release, and
    this could cause problems).  I'm not all that concerned about keeping
    the entire Ximian Desktop, but I don't want to lose Evolution. ;-)

2.  Up2date.  I'm not savvy enough to update everything that needs updating
    entirely on my own, and I really appreciated having the up2date agent
    to keep my system nice and secure.

The FAQ seems to indicate that Ximian is indeed supported under Fedora
Core 1 (though a complete uninstall and reinstall will be necessary in
order to make it work), but I'm not sure whether Up2date will be supported
in the way that I am used to.  Anyone know for sure?

Right now I'm considering downloading Fedora and putting it on a test
machine.  Has anyone installed it, and has anyone had any
good/bad/horrid/ecstatic experiences with it?

Sláinte,
Richard S. Crawford

AIM: Buffalo2K ICQ: 11646404 Y!: rscrawford
MSN: underpope@xxxxxxxxxxx
invisible to the eye." --Antoine de Saint Exupéry