Re: Red Hat Professional Workstation

Ed Wilts wrote:

On Tue, Nov 04, 2003 at 06:10:35AM -0600, hanfamily@xxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:

Is the per machine a license or merely and update. I have machines that
have no internet access if I buy a copy of RHPW and install it on multiple
machines does it violate licensing or cause it to break?

It will not cause it to break. You do not have legal right (I believe) to copy the updates from one system to another. I am *NOT* a lawyer.

Also will I be
able to do up2date and leave the rpms so I can install them to machines
that have no internet access.

Not unless you also buy subscriptions for those other systems.

Can you upgrade from RH7.3 to RHPW or do
you have to start from scratch.

You have to do a fresh install.

Hey Ed,

Can you tell me where I can buy a copy of RHPW???? or point me to someplace on-line ?? Sure would appreciate it!!! I have been doing some searching and have only found reference to RH9. This I already have. I bought the box version plus the RHN subscription. I would rather stick with RH even if I do have to purchase it, this I don't mind. It beats buying MicroBlows, which is a heck of a lot more!!!!!!

Thanks!!

Lee Perez