Re: Red Hat Professional Workstation

Sorry if this posts twice I sent it yesterday and haven't seen
it on the list yet

On Wed, 29 Oct 2003, Ed Wilts wrote:

> On Wed, Oct 29, 2003 at 05:44:14PM -0600, Rodolfo J. Paiz wrote:
> > If you can live with a newly-defined product with (possibly) shorter
> > support cycles than WS but still with the same software included, and
> > definitely cheaper, then RHPW is possibly your best bet. I am not clear on
> > whether this is per-machine or not, but I believe it is not.
>
> Yes, this is per machine. The box includes a subscription key that you
> need to register on RHN.

<snip>
Is the per machine a license or merely and update. I have machines that
have no internet access if I buy a copy of RHPW and install it on multiple
machines does it violate licensing or cause it to break? Also will I be
able to do up2date and leave the rpms so I can install them to machines
that have no internet access. Can you upgrade from RH7.3 to RHPW or do
you have to start from scratch.
                   Thank you
                   Linda Hanigan