Re: Red Hat Professional Workstation

On Wed, 2003-10-29 at 11:20, Reuben D. Budiardja wrote:

> IMO, for production server, it's not worth the effort to move to RH 9 since
> it's EOL is April. Fedora might not be the best choice also, at least for
> now. This leaves either RHEL or RHPW.
> But if they don't have coherent information, people would tend to look
> somewhere else.

I don't want to, because I *really* like Red Hat's products.  Always
have (except perhaps 7.0).  I'm just a little perplexed as to what each
product can do for me (besides CPU/memory support) as far as server
packages and support.  I'm a guy that's used to digging this stuff up on
his own, but their site, while generally very useful for
support/documentation issues, sucks for product details.

I don't want to, but I've had to start evaluating alternatives like
Libranet/Debian.  Come on Red Hat, let's go!  Root, root, root!

(I'd say "sudo, sudo, sudo", but you might confuse me with Phil
Collins.)

*rimshot*

--
Jason Dixon, RHCE