Re: Red Hat Professional Workstation

On Wednesday 29 October 2003 10:58 am, Ed Wilts wrote:
> On Wed, Oct 29, 2003 at 07:45:18AM -0500, Reuben D. Budiardja wrote:
> > Seriously, what the heck is wrong with Redhat? This is all so confusing.
> > If they cant give us a good definite information on this stuff, how are
> > we suppose to decide what to use? I hope they're (Redhat)
> > listening/monitoring this list. There are to many incoherent and
> > contradictory information, add to that all the speculations.

<snip>
> Red Hat's community ambassadors are listening - I'm here.  One of my
> jobs (the primary one) is to pass along the community feelings about
> what Red Hat is up to.
>
> I have passed along our concerns, and I wasn't any too subtle about it
> either :-).

Thank you Ed. They (RH) need to get their act together, especially with EOL of
most the RHL coming the end of this year, I would see this as an opportunity
for RH to push their commercial product / updates that has longer life-cycle
term.
IMO, for production server, it's not worth the effort to move to RH 9 since
it's EOL is April. Fedora might not be the best choice also, at least for
now. This leaves either RHEL or RHPW.
But if they don't have coherent information, people would tend to look
somewhere else.

RDB

--
Reuben D. Budiardja