Re: Red Hat Professional Workstation

On Wed, Oct 29, 2003 at 07:04:48AM -0500, Jason Dixon wrote:

> Well, if you want to compare against Microsoft offerings... Windows
> Small Business Server for $599.

Limited to 5 clients.
And I feel that SBS is closer to RHEL WS than anything else.
We could argue about the Premium Edition but that's $1,499 .

> Having never purchased SuSE support, I can't argue there.  When it comes
> down to it, I'm really frustrated by the quantity/quality of information
> coming out of Red Hat with respect to their products.  It seems they're
> being intentionally vague about patches, and worse, you get different
> answers from different people.  I know this stuff has been argued on

Agreed 100% .
I've assumed that this is due to the changes going on at RH these days
(Fedora on one hand, EL3 on the other) and that these will get back to
normal soon.

Emmanuel