Re: RHEA version (WAS Upgrades?)

At 09:17 AM 10/28/2003, you wrote:
On Tue, Oct 28, 2003 at 07:31:49AM -0600, Steve Buehler wrote:
> Thanks to all who responded.  I learned a lot.  Another question though
> about the RedHat Enterprise.  Is this compatible with another version of
> RedHat.  What I mean is this.  We have some programs that can only be
> installed through RPM's.  They only have RPM's for RedHat version 7.x and
> 8.x.  So if I want to get RedHat Enterprise, will one of these two rpms
> work on it?

Red Hat Enterprise Linux 3 is largely based on Red Hat Linux 8 with some
9 features/fixes added, plus some backports in the kernel from 2.6.

Depending on what the application does, it may or may not run.  There
are changes in some libraries.

If you have the source rpm, your odds go up considerably.

Are these commercial applications? If so, which ones?

Yes, the main application is WebDNA from http://www.smithmicro.com

Steve