Re: Upgrades?

On Mon, 2003-10-27 at 11:36, Michael Schwendt wrote:
> On 27 Oct 2003 10:10:58 -0500, Jason Dixon wrote:

> > http://www.redhat.com/apps/support/errata/rhlas_errata_policy.html
>
> Where do you see Red Hat Professional Workstation on that page?

I don't have to see it on that page.  I also don't see any mention of
AS, ES or WS on that page.  And don't point to the bottom section
regarding RHEL 2.1 lifecycle... Pro Workstation didn't exist at that
time.  You'll note that Red Hat has been poignantly discrete about their
Pro Workstation product;  one might deduce that this is to deflect the
potential cannabilism of their high-end products.

> I have doubts that the errata support period of RHPW is equal
> to Red Hat Enterprise Linux WS. At least some retailers state
> that RHPW has an errata support period of 12+ months.

I personally called Red Hat two weeks ago regarding Pro Workstation.
They informed me that Pro Workstation would be released with RHEL 3.0
because it is *based* on RHEL 3.0 and would be supported as such.  Until
they inform me otherwise, I will continue to base my decisions on that
information.

--
Jason Dixon, RHCE
DixonGroup Consulting