Re: Transferring an existing system from non-RAID disks to RAID1 disks in the same computer

Am 22.01.23 um 10:22 schrieb Pascal Hambourg:
On 22/01/2023 at 00:02, Reindl Harald wrote:
Am 21.01.23 um 23:56 schrieb Pascal Hambourg:
On 21/01/2023 at 21:44, Reindl Harald wrote:
Am 21.01.23 um 21:04 schrieb Pascal Hambourg:
On 21/01/2023 at 19:57, Reindl Harald wrote:
Am 21.01.23 um 19:52 schrieb Pascal Hambourg:

No, EFI is not the root cause either. The root cause is carelessly storing stuff in the bootloader area as if it was part of the standard Linux filesystem. Guess what ? It is not.

LSB is dead

LSB has nothing to do with this.

fine, so nobody else but you knows what "part of standard Linux
filesystem" means

I mean
- POSIX-compliant filesystem.

then for the sake of god say what you mean MORON

A Linux operating system usually expects features such as case-sensitiveness, ownership and permissions, hard links and symlinks, special files... which are not supported by an EFI partition FAT filesystem.

so what (google what that means)

- A standard Linux system can be installed on top of any block device layer supported by the kernel+initramfs and the boot loader (RAID, LVM, LUKS...). An EFI partition cannot because these are not supported by UEFI firmware.

so what

initramfs execution is completly irrelevant for the topic

Why they did you agree that it was a fine place to sync EFI partitions ?

i did not

You did in <acc6add5-347b-7ecb-f6e9-056d21783984@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>.

i meant only to agree half of the sentence and told you that already

I'm not talking about that. I'm talking about other boot loader updates that may happen independently of kernel updates

which is the reason why multi-boot is dead

I am not talking about multi-boot. I am talking about boot loader components such as GRUB, shim... They get updates too, and then all EFI partitions should be updated

why do you then talk so much nonsense isstead say what you mean?

that's a solved problem by rsync /efi/

can we stop running in circles like a monkey in this idiotic thread? i simply have enough of people like you explaining me the world which i discovered before you knew what a computer is