From: Reindl Harald <h.reindl@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Wednesday, 11 May 2022 10:36 PM
To: Bob Brand <brand@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>; Roger Heflin <rogerheflin@xxxxxxxxx>;
Wols Lists <antlists@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Cc: Linux RAID <linux-raid@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>; Phil Turmel
<philip@xxxxxxxxxx>; NeilBrown <neilb@xxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: Failed adadm RAID array after aborted Grown operation

Am 11.05.22 um 07:39 schrieb Bob Brand:
> Do I understand that you would recommend upgrading our installation of
> Linux once the repair is complete or are advising downloading and
> compiling a new kernel as part of the repair?  Or are you suggesting
> that it was the fact that we’re on such an old version of CentOS that
> caused this mess?  I ask because once this is repaired (assuming it
> does complete successfully), I would like to extend the array to the
> full 45 drives of which this server is capable

you where adivised doing thatg with a live-iso of whatever distribution with
a recent kernel and recent mdadm and leave your installed os alone

CAUTION!!! This E-mail originated from outside of WMA Water. Do not click
links or open attachments unless you recognize the sender and know the
content is safe.