From: Wols Lists <antlists@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Monday, 9 May 2022 1:32 AM
To: Bob Brand <brand@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>; linux-raid@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Cc: Phil Turmel <philip@xxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: Failed adadm RAID array after aborted Grown operation

On 08/05/2022 14:18, Bob Brand wrote:
> If you’ve stuck with me and read all this way, thank you and I hope
> you can help me.

https://raid.wiki.kernel.org/index.php/Linux_Raid

Especially
https://raid.wiki.kernel.org/index.php/Linux_Raid#When_Things_Go_Wrogn

What you need to do is revert the reshape. I know what may have happened,
and what bothers me is your kernel version, 3.10.

The first thing to try is to boot from up-to-date rescue media and see if an
mdadm --revert works from there. If it does, your Centos should then bring
everything back no problem.

(You've currently got what I call a Frankensetup, a very old kernel, a
pretty new mdadm, and a whole bunch of patches that does who knows what.
You really need a matching kernel and mdadm, and your frankenkernel won't
match anything ...)

Let us know how that goes ...

Cheers,
Wol

CAUTION!!! This E-mail originated from outside of WMA Water. Do not click
links or open attachments unless you recognize the sender and know the
content is safe.